Sunday, September 27, 2009

From Week to Weak

This week...

i felt like a really good nurse
i kept to my 'budget'
i finally got my first anniversary bonus from duke to help with some loan debt
i got to be with people that also knew and loved my friend drew





i finally got up enough guts to introduce myself to a person that looks just like
my friend drew without crying in front of him
i was able to do a favor for derek webb- a favorite singer/songwriter who's lyrics
have drastically impacted my life
i was able to work out a plot to get my number to the hot sound guy in return for
the favor
i slept in the same room as my best friend- reminding me that highschool was worth
it just to gain her in my life.





This weak...

i didn't keep to my 'budget' when i set foot into ikea
i had multiple situational daggers thrown my direction
i struggled with remembering that God doesn't exist to throw said daggers at my heart
i cried on my dads shoulder, and even at 28 it comforted me just as if i was 8
i am overwhelmed in missing drew and am thankful that people heard his story
i shamefully forgot my worth everyday, and didn't feel wanted or needed very much
i sat myself next to Jesus and slowly began to remember again, only to forget so
easily
i noticed him again when i saw psalm 118:24 printed on the side of my cookout
milkshake cup and when tyler reminded us tonight that we are 'SONS and DAUGHTERS of Christ'
i am a weak daughter of a most loving God whose strong pursuit never stops

1 comment:

Mollie said...

you are so real. i love it. and i love you. i've missed your posts. sweet pic of you and whitney. that friendship is such a treasure...